New Info & Hints on The Time of the Doctor
The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (Issue #468 – out today) features a preview of Matt Smith’s final episode, The Time of the Doctor.
Here’s some highlights:
The Doctor dies on Trenzalore. It’s a fact. He’s seen it. His own tomb, somewhere out there in his future. The Great Intelligence knew it to be true: “One day, it was just too much for the old man.” The Doctor’s death is inevitable – and the time has come for him to return to Trenzalore to fight his final battle. But first, there’s Christmas dinner to prepare…
CLARA: “But you don’t die. You change – you pop right back with a new face.”
THE DOCTOR: “Not forever. I can change 12 times. 13 versions of me. 13 silly Doctors.”
CLARA: “But you’re number eleven, so -”
THE DOCTOR: “Are we forgetting Captain Grumpy? I didn’t call myself the Doctor during the Time War, but it was still a regeneration.”
- Moffat ponders, “Why are they called the Silence?”
- The question wasn’t asked in The Name of the Doctor. Moffat was surprised many fans thought that was it
- Moffat says “Matt gives the greatest single performance by anyone who has played the Doctor”
- Matt is in virtually every scene of the episode
- The Doctor helps Clara cook Christmas dinner
- There’s a “fair bit” of nudity!
- Tasha Lem is an old friend and someone from the Doctor’s distant past. Someone who knows him very well, but we have never met. She’s the Mother Superious of the Papal Mainframe.