The “Fish Dr” Revealed? The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot
Has the mystery of the “Fish Dr” been revealed?
For those who are utterly confused by this bizarre question here’s a recap of events in short. Last week, a mysterious Twitter account was launched (@DayoftheFishDr) and fans were urged to follow it by people closely connected to the show, including past Doctors.
Fans weren’t told why exactly but there have been several tweets since dropping hints as to what it is all about. Along with the two photos attached, the account has tweeted the following at the time of writing:
- 9 days. They are coming…
- “Hang on. One thing. Why are we doing all this?”
- 8 days. Ready or not…
- POLICE INCIDENT LOG – April 18th 2013. Certain items reported missing from Doctor Who experience, Cardiff.
- 7 days/One week/Approximately 130 Gallifreyan hours…
- 6 days. Cometh the hour…cometh the men. #FDR #FishDr
- ‘Get Sylvester, I’ve had a moment of inspiration!’ – Peter Jackson, April 2013.
- 5 days… Quel dommage!
- 4 days – Davison Pic (below)
- 3 days – Tennant Pic (above)
Some eagle-eyed Doctor Who TV readers have since discovered a Red Button TV listing for a Doctor Who special mini episode called The Five(ish) Doctors Reboot (hence FDR).
Miss the classic Doctors? They’re back in this celebratory special written and directed by Peter Davison.
This will begin airing from 10pm Saturday 23rd on BBC’s Red Button service.
Some of you remember the Classic Doctor “protest” or Sean Pertwee’s script tweet a while back. According to the latter, Peter Davison will be joined by Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, Sean Pertwee and Olivia Colman and they will all star as themselves.
[Thanks to Daniel and everyone else who sent in]