SFX #251 Previews Series 8
The new issue of SFX (#251 – out today) features an interview with Steven Moffat and he previews all twelve episodes of Series 8. No episode titles are revealed except the opener, Deep Breath.
Below are some highlights:
- 801. Clara trying to cope with her best friend being someone else. A terrifying monster.
- 802. Gritty Dalek ep that goes into the last place in the universe the Doctor should be.
- 803. Very funny Robin Hood story all about being a hero and whether the Doctor is a good man.
- 804. The story of a date and the Doctor having what appears to be a mild nervous breakdown. Tiny guest cast, no CGI. A bit of Coupling. Quite scary.
- 805. A Doctor Who heist movie with a cracking monster, one of Neill Gorton’s best.
- 806. What effect would slipping away with the Doctor have on your life? A hoot with some serious bits. Bit like The Lodger.
- 807. Proper drama with monsters and all the Doctor Who stuff that you could want. Also features a callback to a past episode (sort of).
- 808. Moffat playing the long game with a callback to something from Matt’s first series. A brilliant idea of a monster. Foxes singing.
- 809. A horror story that starts off with a very cute idea and becomes really quite frightening by the end. One of the best ever sight gags in it.
- 810. Boldly beautiful, lyrical and poetic. A fairytale, but not Moffat fairytale. Quite different with a clever main visual idea
- 811/12. High octane action, with Cybermen and some proper UNIT stuff. Strong emotional story about Clara and the Doctor and the fact that the way they interact might not be healthy for everyone around them.
The full issue is out now.