Most Viewed Xmas Special 2005-2013
The Time of the Doctor is the fifth most viewed Doctor Who Christmas special, according to the final viewing figure from BARB.
2013’s festive special increased from its initial overnight estimate of 8.3 million to 11.14 million.
The most viewed special is still Voyage of the Damned with 13.31 million viewers. The lowest is The Runaway Bride with 9.35 million.
Doctor Who Christmas specials by amount of viewers:
- Voyage of the Damned (2007) 13.31 million
- The Next Doctor (2008) 13.10 million
- A Christmas Carol (2010) 12.11 million
- The End of Time – Part 1 (2009) 12.04 million
- The Time of the Doctor (2013) – 11.14 million
- The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (2011) 10.77 million
- The Snowmen (2012) – 9.87 million
- The Christmas Invasion (2005) 9.84 million
- The Runaway Bride (2006) 9.35 million
BARB viewing figures count those who recorded the programme and watched within 7 days. They do not take into account iPlayer viewings.