Christmas Day 2017 Ratings Top 10
Doctor Who was the 5th most watched show on Christmas Day 2017, according to early overnight viewing figures.
Twice Upon A Time was estimated to have been watched by an average 5.7 million viewers. Mrs Brown’s Boys was the most watched show this year.
This was an equal figure to last year for Doctor Who.
Overnight Viewing Figures 2017
- 1. Mrs Brown’s Boys – 6.8m (BBC One)
- 2. Strictly Come Dancing – 6.5m (BBC One)
- 3. Call the Midwife – 6.3m (BBC One)
- 4. EastEnders – 6.3m (BBC One)
- 5. Doctor Who – 5.7m (BBC One)
- 6. The Queen – 5.3m (BBC One)
- 7. Coronation Street – 5.1m (ITV 1 when ITV+1 is included)
- 8. BBC Teatime News – 4.2m (BBC One)
- 9. The Highway Rat – 4.0m (BBC One)
- 10. Emmerdale – 3.7m (ITV 1)
The overnight figures are early estimates and we can expect a sizeable increase when the final BARB consolidated figures are released. The overnight figures only include those who watched it live and those who recorded and watched it later that night. However, the consolidated one includes those who recorded and watched within a week, making them a more accurate measure of how many were watching.