2014 iPlayer Xmas Top 10, BBCA Ratings
The BBC have revealed the iPlayer numbers for the 2014 Christmas period.
Although Doctor Who is down on all previous years, it still pulled in a respectable 1.07 million requests, coming ninth in the chart.
Christmas week on the iPlayer 2014 – Top 10:
- 1. Top Gear Patagonia Special, Part 1, 2.08 million
- 2. EastEnders, Christmas Day, 1.69 million
- 3. Top Gear, Patagonia Special, Part 2, 1.55 million
- 4. EastEnders, Boxing Day, 1.43 million
- 5. The Apprentice final, 21 December, 1.31 million
- 6. Miranda, Christmas Day, 1.26 million
- 7. EastEnders, 23 December, 1.15 million
- 8. EastEnders, 24 December, 1.11 million
- 9. Doctor Who, Christmas Day, 1.07 million
- 10. The Boy In The Dress, Boxing Day, 1.06 million
BBC America 2014 Ratings Success
Doctor Who finished 2014 with its highest rated season ever on BBC AMERICA, meanwhile.
Peter Capaldi’s first season delivered BBC AMERICA its highest rated season ever with an average of 2.035 million Total Viewers in Live+3.
Last Christmas delivered over 2.3 million Total Viewers and was the #1 non-sports telecast in all of cable during the time period among Adults 25-54 in Live+3.
The Christmas Day special (9:00pm-10:25pm) delivered 2.312 million Total Viewers and 1.304 million A25-54 in Live+3. The special totaled 2.616 million Total Viewers in Live+3 – combining the 9:00pm premiere with the 11:45pm and 2:30am replays.
The Twelfth Doctor’s first Christmas special more than doubled the viewership of the Eleventh Doctor’s first Christmas special, A Christmas Carol in 2010.
BBC AMERICA was the #1 network on Twitter and Tumblr and Doctor Who: Last Christmas was the #1 show on both platforms in all of television in Primetime (excluding sports) on December 25. Doctor Who is pacing as one of Twitter’s top 10 most-tweeted original dramas in all of cable for 2014.