Prince Charles faces a Dalek UPDATED
UPDATE: Pics and videos added of the Royal visit.
Prince Charles tries out being a Dalek:
The Royals meet Matt and Jenna on the TARDIS set:
Today, the Royals are to visit the Doctor Who studios in Cardiff Bay as part of the 50th anniversary celebrations.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will meet Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Steven Moffat, the Daleks and a host of monsters.
More details from the BBC:
Their Royal Highnesses will tour the Doctor Who production office and studios, with the following itinerary:
- Doctor Who production office, where Their Royal Highnesses will meet the show’s costume designer, storyboard artist, locations manager, graphics artist, set decorator and production designer with displays from each of the skills areas.
- The TARDIS where Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman and Steven Moffat will show how one of the most famous sets in the world works.
- Next is a display of some of the show’s renowned monsters, including Daleks, a Silent, a Weeping Angel, a Cyberman, Strax and an Ood. Nicholas Briggs, the voice of the Daleks, will demonstrate how to re-create the famous catchphrases.
- During the final stage of the tour Their Royal Highnesses will be shown a display against a green screen, demonstrated by SFX…
- Before meeting some Skillset apprentices who are training at Roath Lock in a number of TV functions.