The Wife vs The Girl vs A Good Man
The Doctor’s Wife, The Girl Who Waited and A Good Man Goes to War have all been nominated for a 2012 Hugo Award.
The three stories, written by Neil Gaiman, Tom MacRae and Steven Moffat respectively, are nominated in the “Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form” category.
- Doctor Who, ”The Doctor’s Wife”, written by Neil Gaiman; directed by Richard Clark (BBC Wales)
- Doctor Who, ”The Girl Who Waited”, written by Tom MacRae; directed by Nick Hurran (BBC Wales)
- Doctor Who, ”A Good Man Goes to War”, written by Steven Moffat; directed by Peter Hoar (BBC Wales)
- “The Drink Tank’s Hugo Acceptance Speech”, Christopher J Garcia and James Bacon (Renovation)
- Community, ”Remedial Chaos Theory”, written by Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna; directed by Jeff Melman (NBC)
The Hugo Awards, presented annually since 1955, are science fiction’s most prestigious award. They are voted on by members of the World Science Fiction Convention (“Worldcon”).
Past Doctor Who winners include: The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances, The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, The Waters of Mars and The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang.
The question is, which of this year’s nominees should take home the prize?