The Wedding of River Song Previewed
The Radio Times has previewed the Series 6 finale, The Wedding of River Song, and provided some very interesting and barmy new story information.
- Minis suspended by air balloons, pterodactyls attacking school kids, a train emerging Magritte-like from London’s Gherkin building
- Charles Dickens (Simon Callow) discussing A Christmas Carol with Bill Turnbull and Sian Williams on BBC Breakfast
- Winston Churchill hailed as Caesar in present-day London and the Doctor shambling about like a bearded apostle
- “Something’s happened to time,” spots Winnie. It’s as if “all of history is happening at once”. The time is two minutes past five and the date is 22 April; so it has been for as long as anyone can remember. Can the Lord of Time sort things out, or did he cause the problem in the first place?
- It necessarily leads us back to the events of The Impossible Astronaut and the Doctor’s demise at Lake Silencio in Utah, but this shocking moment acts as a pivot, not a dead end, for Moffat’s finale and a barrage of bewildering and bizarre imagery that spools forth.
- Loose ends are tied up and, more importantly, the series and its heroes are repositioned in line with Moffat’s vision
- A few things to look out for: pyramids, fixed points in time, “hell in high heels”, “the man who dies again and again”, a phone call with tear-jerking news, an unusual use for a bow tie, a plethora of eye-patches and a lapse in grammar when River talks of “theories about you and I”
- There’s also an answer of sorts to “the oldest question in the universe”. It’s something the Doctor has been running from his whole life
The Wedding of River Song will air 1st October at 7.05pm – 7:50pm.