The Moonbase DVD Details
BBC Worldwide have announced full details and artwork for the 2014 DVD release of Patrick Troughton story The Moonbase.
2070: the tides and weather on Earth are controlled from a station on the Moon. When the TARDIS lands on the lunar surface, the Doctor, Polly, Ben and newly-joined Jamie discover the base has been over-run by a mystery plague epidemic. As men begin to go missing and Jamie succumbs to the virus, it’s down to the Doctor to work out who is behind the attack…
- Fully remastered Episodes 2 and 4.
- Newly animated Episodes 1 and 3, using original off-screen soundtrack recordings.
- Commentary on Episodes 2 and 4: a traditional commentary with actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Edward Phillips and Special Sounds creator Brian Hodgson.
- Commentary on Episodes 1 and 3: a series of interviews featuring writer Kit Pedler’s daughters Lucy Pedler and Carol Topolski, archive interviews with producer Innes Lloyd, AFM Lovett Bickford, and Cyberman actors Barry Noble, Derek Chaffer and Reg Whitehead. Moderated and linked by Toby Hadoke.
- Lunar Landing -- cast and crew look back on the making of the story. With actors Anneke Wills, Frazer Hines and Reg Whitehead, production assistant Desmond McCarthy.
- Photo Gallery -- production, design and publicity photos from the story.
- Coming Soon -- a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
- Radio Times listings.
- Programme subtitles.
- Subtitle Production Notes.
It’s released 20 January 2014 (Region 2 -- Europe, Japan, Middle East, South Africa), 22 January 2014 (Australia, New Zealand, South and Central America), and 11 February 2014 (Region 1 -- US, Canada).