The Day of the Doctor UK Ratings
UPDATE: The final UK figure has been announced as 12.8 million.
The Day of the Doctor was watched by 10.2 million (a 37.4% audience share) viewers in the UK on BBC1 according to early overnight viewing figures.
The overnight figures are early estimates and we can expect a sizeable increase when the final BARB figures are released next week. Unlike the overnights, the final figures also count those who recorded the show and watched it later, making them a more accurate measure of how many were watching.
Obviously this doesn’t take into account the cinema screenings either.
How the latest figure compares to 2013 episodes ratings:
- The Name of the Doctor – 5.5 million (overnight) 7.45 million (final figure)
- Nightmare in Silver – 4.7 million (overnight) 6.64 million (final figure)
- The Crimson Horror – 4.61 million (overnight) 6.47 million (final figure)
- Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS – 4.9 million (overnight) 6.50 million (final figure)
- Hide – 5 million (overnight) 6.61 million (final figure)
- Cold War – 5.7 million (overnight) 7.37 million (final figure)
- The Rings of Akhaten – 5.5 million (overnight) 7.45 million (final figure)
- The Bells of Saint John – 6.18 million (overnight) 8.44 million (final figure)
Note: Overnight and BARB figures do not include iPlayer viewings which have, in some cases, added over 2 million on top of these.