Teasers for The Rebel Flesh
SFX has posted 20 spoiler-free teasers for The Rebel Flesh. Below are some of the more intriguing ones.
- It’s this season’s most trad-Who episode so far, but whereas last year’s “trad” story (the Silurian two-parter) was Pertwee era, this is straight out of the Troughton years. Appropriately Matt Smith is at his most Troughton-esque.
- It also evokes memories of “The Impossible Planet”. There’s a lot of exposition to start with, but it soon becomes very pacy claustrophobic, creepy and full of powerful, well-written character moments for the guest stars and striking images.
- The pre-titles teaser is frankly disturbing
- The Doctor pretends to be a weatherman
- The Doctor has a great Derren Brown moment
- Random words: “Poncy”, “cockerel”, “welly-boots”, “football”
- The Doctor loses two of something
- The Doctor says something again we’ve never heard him say before
- Beware the oncoming storm
- Someone’s first words are a big clue
- Rory puts his foot down
- The Doctor clearly isn’t from the North any more!
Read the rest here.
Step back in time...