Series 7 Part 2 in April 2013
The Christmas issue of Doctor Who Magazine (out tomorrow) reveals new info on the second half of the series and the 50th anniversary. The wait after Christmas going to be quite a long one, with the mag reporting Part 2 will not air until April 2013.
Here’s some more titbits:
Series 7: Part 2
- 706. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Colm McCarthy.
A proper urban thriller, starring a man in a frock coat and a bow tie and quiff from space!
- 707. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Farren Blackburn.
Set on an alien planet, an “epic, overwhelming, boiling, red-orange planet”. The brief was: “You know how the Doctor always promises amazing, awesome wonders to his companions, then gets them stuck down a tunnel being attacked my mutant slugs. Let’s deliver some awesome and amazing!”
- 708. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Douglas Mackinnon.
Mark Gatiss is about to explode fanboy hearts. This is a cracker of an episode, in the grand tradition.
- 709. Written by Neil Cross. Directed by Jamie Payne.
Spooky and clever and even a little bit romantic.
- 710. Written by Stephen Thompson. Directed by Mat King.
Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS! Will do what it says on the tin.
- 711. Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Saul Metzstein.
A title to die for. Tread carefully, there are some dreadful things in there!
- 712. Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Stephen Wolfenden.
Gaiman’s new spine-chiller. You already know there are Cybermen – what you don’t know is there is something else. A Cyber-something else. They are disgusting.
- 713. Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Saul Metzstein.
“One that will thrill you a bit, and worry you more. Yes, I think you’ll be just a tiny bit worried where we might be going with this one. I’d say more, but then you’d be less worried, and frankly, what’s the point in that?” Vastra, Jenny and Strax return.
- The 50th anniversary special is filming in April 2013.
- “A love letter to the fans, and an absolute romp and a thrill to the casual viewer.”