Series 7 Part 1 Episode Hints & Details
The latest issue of SFX magazine features an interview with Steven Moffat and some new details are revealed.
[Thanks to Doctor Who TV contributor David Selby for the summary]
Asylum of the Daleks
- The whole “All of the Daleks” thing was mainly for publicity, the huge collection of the Daleks isn’t really what the episode is about
- The mag also features a picture of the mysterious Dalek “agent” Darla (Anamaria Marinca)
Dinosaurs on a Spaceship
- Moffat knew fans wouldn’t be keen on the title
- The episode isn’t a proper drama, just a nice light-hearted episode
- There’s a T-Rex!
A Town Called Mercy
- Doctor Who was just perfect for the wild west, and Matt Smith was just perfect for a horse!
The Power of Three
- The episode takes place over the course of 1 year
- It is told through the Pond’s perspective of having a Mad Man with a Box turn up on your doorstep all the time and how that affects you
The Angels Take Manhattan
- Moffat has had the idea of Amy and Rory’s exit from the very start, and also knew how the episode would end for a long time – and this will be ‘noticeable’ when we watch the episode
- Moffat doesn’t have a mythology for the Angels, he thinks it would spoil them
- Moffat has more ideas for the Weeping Angels. There might be an episode in future about someone being chased round a house by a single Weeping Angel