Series 6 So Far (November Update)
What do we know about Series 6 so far? Actually looking back over the past few months, a lot more than would initially appear. Here’s a round-up of the major confirmations, rumours, hints and teasers so far. Note: this does not include the Christmas 2010 special.
November 2010 Update – New links added and episode guide updated
- Steven Moffat writing 5 episodes
- Neil Gaiman writing 1 episode
- Mark Gatiss writing 1 episode
- Matthew Graham writing 2 episodes
- Seven episodes broadcast in Spring 2011, six in Autumn 2011
- Suranne Jones cast as Idris
- Doctor Who heads to America
- Mark Sheppard cast as Canton Everett Delaware III
- Episode 4 filming in a disused nursing home
- Clark: “I’m scared filming this. The kids are gonna freak.”
- Episode 4 is being shot at Dyrham Park serving as a giant doll house
- Bristol filming pics
- More Bristol filming pics
- Episode 3 filming details and pics
- First look at River Song back in action
- Cardiff becomes New York
- Episode 1 & 2 details and pics
- River Song will be killed off
- Amy Pond will be killed off in the Spring 2011 finale
- Matt Smith denies Amy killed off
- No Daleks
- Episode 4 to be called What Are Little Boys Made Of? Plus casting details
- New monsters
Hints and Teasers
- Moffat: “What is the Silence? Who is that? Who are the Silence and what’s coming…?
- Moffat: “You’ve seen more than you think. The Doctor has noticed what you have not…”
- Moffat: “We’re going into the Silence and what they are…”
- Moffat: “You will see the Doctor’s life change forever…”
- 41 hints from Series 6
- Moffat: “Old Daleks coming back”
- Gaiman: “Idris may be an old friend of the Doctor’s”
- Gaiman: Episode 3 “starts in void-space, with something we have not seen since The War Games”
- Moffat: “I’m not guaranteeing I won’t kill someone”
- The Doctor meets the US president
- Moffat: “The fez will return”
- More episode 3 teasers
- Silence may be the most hideous thing in the world!
- New monster is terrifying and rivals Weeping Angels
Episodes (Spring 2011)
Episode 1 & 2 (two-parter)
Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Toby Haynes.
The Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves on a secret summons during the late 1960′s that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah – right to the Oval Office itself. River Song also returns. Features a really scary monster (that may be The Silence). Guest stars Mark Sheppard.
Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Richard Clark.
Set on alien junkyard planet. Guest stars Suranne Jone as Idris – a very important character in the Doctors life. Although Idris is preparing for death as the story begins, she doesn’t actually die. By the time the Doctor and friends meet her she’s gone mad and ends up biting the Time Lord.
Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Richard Clark.
Rumoured title, What Are Little Boys Made Of? Modern day episode in a giant doll house with scary dolls as monsters.
Episode 5 & 6 (two-parter)
Written by Matthew Graham. Directed by Julian Simpson.
Currently believed to be titled ‘The Rebel Flesh’ and ‘Gangers’.
Episode 7 (two-parter)
Written by Steven Moffat
Will lead to a shocking cliffhanger that will change the Doctor’s life forever…
Episodes (Autumn 2011)
Written by Steven Moffat
Conclusion of the Spring cliffhanger.