Robots, River and the Doctor’s Death
Newsarama has a great interview with Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. They talk about a whole bunch of Doctor Who topics and give more hints on what’s coming up in the remainder of Series 6. Here are some highlights:
- The ‘time robot’ Karen Gillan previously described is actually the Teselecta from Let’s Kill Hitler
- Karen gives “the performance of a life time in episode 10”.
- The Doctor’s death is “definitely still going to happen and will be touched on.”…
- …Matt Smith added: “We see it happen again. The Doctor dies. So we’ve got to figure THAT one out.”
- Amy wants her baby back, and her parental instincts will kick in….
- …But Amy will not find it easy to control River
- River kissing the Doctor is “an issue that is raised.”
- Amy’s “undying faith” in the Doctor is something that is explored with the Minotaur in The God Complex…
- …But something else happens that changes that completely
- Gillan wants a Star Trek crossover, Matt wants a True Blood one
- On the Doctor’s past actions and fame, Matt says “There’s a real journey for the Doctor to go on now.”