Night and The Doctor Details
As with last year’s release, the Doctor Who: Complete Sixth Series box set features new and unseen mini-episodes. This year there are five of them making up ‘Night And The Doctor‘. The lucky folks at SFX have already seen them and revealed some plot details.
- The first four episodes are all connected, and set pretty much entirely in the TARDIS. Totalling twelve minutes, they collectively address the question: what does the Doctor get up to while Rory and Amy are asleep? Well, given that he doesn’t need as much sleep as we humans, he has adventures, of course – adventures with a certain flame-haired lady friend…
- Bad Night - Amy answers a phone call from a British royal, and the Doctor dashes in from a party, dressed in top hat and tails, carrying a goldfish in a bowl – a very important goldfish. Arthur Darvill also pops up briefly in this segment, after the Doctor wakes him with a cry of “Rory, she’s having an emotion!”
- Good Night sees Amy trying to talk to the Doctor about the fact that “her life makes no sense” and the Doctor taking her to “the saddest moment in her life” to meet… well, that would be telling.
- First Night – The Doctor lands in River’s cell during her first night in jail, to take her out for an adventure. Ending on a cliffhanger, it’s really the first part of a two-parter, which concludes in “Last Night”.
- Last Night – At one point, there are three River Songs in the TARDIS… One interesting point we learn is that it was the Doctor who suggested that River keep a diary of their adventures together, and who introduced her to the term “spoilers”. As for the meaning of that title? Well, we won’t spoil it for you, but let’s just say it has a very poignant significance…
- Up All Night has absolutely no connection to the others. Features Craig, Sophie and Stormageddon, it’s set shortly before the events of “Closing Time”
The box set is due for release 21st November.