Most Viewed Xmas Special 2005-11
The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is the fifth most viewed Doctor Who Christmas special, according to final viewing figures from BARB.
This year’s festive special increased from its initial overnight estimate of 8.9 million to 10.77 million.
The most viewed special is still Voyage of the Damned with 13.31 million viewers. The lowest is The Runaway Bride with 9.35 million.
Top 7 Doctor Who Christmas specials by amount of viewers:
- Voyage of the Damned (2007) 13.31 million
- The Next Doctor (2008) 13.10 million
- A Christmas Carol (2010) 12.11 million
- The End of Time Part 1 (2009) 12.04 million
- The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (2011) 10.77 million
- The Christmas Invasion (2005) 9.84 million
- The Runaway Bride (2006) 9.35 million
BARB viewing figures count those who recorded the programme and watched within 7 days. They do not take into account iPlayer viewings.