Described as “Doctor Who meets a Fifties monster B-movie”, Dreamland, a new six-part animated adventure, premières daily on BBC Red Button and the Doctor Who website (bbc.co.uk/doctorwho) from Saturday 21 November.
Written by Phil Ford (Doctor Who, Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures), Dreamland sees the iconic TARDIS touch down in the desert in the USA. Stumbling across a mysterious alien artefact in a local diner, the Doctor is led to Area 51, also known as Dreamland, the US’ most secret base. He then finds himself on a momentous mission to rescue Rivesh Mantilax from the threat of the ruthless Viperox and the clutches of the American military.
Created in eye-catching high-definition 3-D animation, the series sees the Doctor, played by David Tennant, hook up with two new companions – Cassie (Georgia Moffett) and Jimmy (Tim Howar) – and pits him against a new alien race, the monstrous Viperox, led by Lord Azlok (David Warner).
The multiplatform offering will be enhanced by a brand-new mobile comic reader application.
Dreamland is available on the following platforms:
Sky/Virgin: Runs continuously from 7am on 21 November to 4am on 28 November
- 21 November – 7.00-8.50am, 11.10am-2.20pm, 7.25-10.35pm
- 22 November – 12.10am-7.50pm
- 23 November – 12.10am-7.50pm on 24 November
- 24 November – 10.40pm-2pm on 25 November
- 25 November – 3-10.15pm, 11.10pm-9.50am on 26 November
- 26 November – 7.10pm-9.50am on 27 November
- 27 November – 6.10pm-4am on 28 November
Not available on Freesat