Series 6 So far (February Update)
What do we know about Series 6 so far? Here’s a round-up of the major confirmations, rumours, hints and teasers.
February 2011 Update – New links added and episode guide updated
- Steven Moffat (5 episodes)
- Neil Gaiman (1 episode)
- Mark Gatiss (1 episode)
- Matthew Graham (2 episodes)
- Toby Whithouse (1 episode)
- Steve Thompson (1 episode)
- Gareth Roberts (1 episode)
- Emma Cunniffe and Daniel Mays
- Suranne Jones cast as Idris
- Mark Sheppard cast as Canton Everett Delaware III
- Marshall Lancaster and Sarah Smart
- Hugh Bonneville as Captain Avery
- Lily Cole
- David Walliams
- James Corden returns as Craig Owens
- First day filming in a disused nursing home
- Clark: “I’m scared filming this. The kids are gonna freak.”
- Mark Gatiss episode is being shot at Dyrham Park serving as a giant doll house?
- Bristol filming pics
- More Bristol filming pics
- Neil Gaiman episode filming details and pics
- Doctor Who filming in America
- First look at River Song back in action
- Cardiff becomes New York
- Episode 1 & 2 details and pics
- More Utah set pics
- Sontarans in episode 7
- Dorium in the stormcage
- Cybermen spotted during filming for episode 7
- Demons Run
- Episode 3 pirate filming 1
- Episode 3 pirate filming 2
- Episode 3 pirate filming 3
- River Song will be killed off
- Amy Pond will be killed off in the Spring 2011 finale
- Matt Smith denies Amy killed off
- Matt Smith hazy on Amy’s future
- No Daleks
- Mark Gatiss episode rumours
- New monsters
- Return of the Weeping Angels?
- Episode 5 focusses on an office block staffed by clones
- The Doctor and TARDIS are cloned
- Redesigned Cybermen
- Amy is pregnant
- Monsters round-up
- New mole-like alien
- The Lodger sequel story?
Hints and Teasers
- Moffat: “What is the Silence? Who is that? Who are the Silence and what’s coming…?
- Moffat: “You’ve seen more than you think. The Doctor has noticed what you have not…”
- Moffat: “We’re going into the Silence and what they are…”
- Moffat: “You will see the Doctor’s life change forever…”
- 41 hints from Series 6
- Moffat: “Old Daleks coming back”
- Gaiman: “Idris may be an old friend of the Doctor’s”
- Gaiman: Episode 3 “starts in void-space, with something we have not seen since The War Games”
- Moffat: “I’m not guaranteeing I won’t kill someone”
- The Doctor meets the US president
- Moffat: “The fez will return”
- More episode 3 teasers
- Silence may be the most hideous thing in the world!
- New monster is terrifying and rivals Weeping Angels
- Wenger: “No classic monsters returning”
- Rory and Amy’s marriage will be tested
- The Doctor faces a “particularly sadistic challenge”.
- Wenger: “We’re going into the true terror of the Silence, the horror of their species and their needs.”
- Moffat: “A good man will die – a good man, and a hero to many.”
- Lots more hints and teasers
Episodes (Spring 2011)
Episode 1 & 2 (two-parter)
Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Toby Haynes.
The Doctor, Amy and Rory find themselves on a secret summons during the late 1960’s that takes them on an adventure from the desert in Utah – right to the Oval Office itself. River Song also returns. Features The Silence who are said to be terrifying. Guest stars Mark Sheppard as Canton.
Written by Steve Thompson. Directed by Jeremy Webb.
The TARDIS crew land in the 17th century and find pirates who are being terrorised by sirens. Guest staring Hugh Bonneville as Captain Avery and Lily Cole.
Written by Neil Gaiman. Directed by Richard Clark.
Set on alien junkyard planet. Guest stars Suranne Jone as Idris – a very important character in the Doctors life. Although Idris is preparing for death as the story begins, she doesn’t actually die. By the time the Doctor and friends meet her she’s gone mad and ends up biting the Time Lord.
Episode 5 & 6 (two-parter)
Written by Matthew Graham. Directed by Julian Simpson.
Part 1 titled The Rebel Flesh and Part 2 Gangers. A cloning storyline will see the Doctor and the TARDIS cloned. The TARDIS trio will also battle a new life form in a monastery and have to dodge pools of acid. The episodes will play a pretty big part in the whole series arc.
Episode 7 (two-parter)
Written by Steven Moffat. Directed by Peter Hoar.
Currently titled Demons Run although it may change before transmission. The Cybermen and Sontarans play a part in the story. Will lead to a shocking cliffhanger that will change the Doctor’s life forever…
Episodes (Autumn 2011)
Written by Steven Moffat
Conclusion of the Spring cliffhanger.
Written by Mark Gatiss. Directed by Richard Clark.
Working title was What Are Little Boys Made Of? Although it may now be called Night Terrors or House Call. A modern day episode set in an apartment block focussing on a young boy called George who has a nervous disposition. He is particularly scared of something in his cupboard, most likely, the scary dolls.
Written by Toby Whithouse
Guest starring David Walliams as a mole-like alien called Gibbis.
Written by Gareth Roberts
Guest starring James Corden as Craig Owens.
Written by Steven Moffat