Brilliant Book Series 7 Hints
The recently released 2012 edition of Doctor Who’s Brilliant Book may not contain any teasers like last year but it does have some interesting interviews with Steven Moffat, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan. They offer some hints on what’s ahead for the show.
Here’s some highlights.
- On the Doctor’s fame: “We’re going to explore that properly next series. The Doctor’s project is to sort of erase himself from history because there’s only so many times you can stand and boast at Stonehenge”
- On the heavier story arc: “I don’t think Doctor Who will ever be as arc-driven again”
- Due to the increased interest from the title ‘Let’s Kill Hitler’, Moffat has told the writers to really “slut it up” and “write it like a movie poster. Let’s do big, huge, mad ideas”
- On Amy, Rory and River: “I do have an end game for all of them”
- On River: “You realise you’ve learned nothing. She may or may not be married to the Doctor, depending on whether that was actually a marriage ceremony, or whether it counts if he’s inside a giant robot replica of himself”
- On his future as showrunner: “Even though I’m more tired than I’ve ever been, I don’t feel any impulse to leave”
- On the first two episodes: “Steven told me the pitch for episodes 1 and 2 and it’s so brilliant. I got really excited. It’s got lots of things I like. There are some extraordinary times ahead”
- On his 2012 and beyond: “I get to go into the 50th anniversary which is really cool. That’s incredibly exciting”
- On the Series 7 break: “It’s a risk, I guess. But a good one”
- Karen says she is very happy about her role in Series 7 but adds: “When I leave properly, that’s it. I don’t want Amy to pop up again every so often, because for me it would take away from the big, emotional goodbye. I’m definite on that”
- On whether Amy could be killed off: “I think it could be done, if you tackled it right. Not that I wouldn’t love to pop back every so often. But just in terms of how it’s remembered…once she’s gone, she’s gone. So death could be an option”
The The Brilliant Book 2012 is out now.